Thursday, June 25, 2015

Update 8pm

Nothing has really changed for our girl at this point.  We miss her so much.  I know she needs this time on the ventilator to heal, but I just want to see her smile and hear her speak.  

Today she's negative (a good thing) for fluid output.  That means she's getting enough fluid out now, unlike last night.  Also, today she passed a two hour breathing test (that she failed in the middle of the night).  Go, Willow!  She's had some times of agitation today (mainly during the breathing test), but she's been peacefully resting most of the time.  If the night goes as well as the day went, we will be extubating tomorrow.

I know I've said this before, but it's so hard to be in an environment where the life of so many children is touch and go.  Please pray for families who have experienced loss or scary medical emergencies.  Every room around us has experienced one of those things.   

Every day we have a new nurse, and I think to myself, "This is my new favorite!" 

Nurses and doctors completely rule.  

No comments:

Post a Comment