Sunday, June 28, 2015

6:00pm update

We are in a better place than we were earlier today.  Slow and steady!

Willow didn't 'wake up' for over 48 hours after being extubated this second time.  When she was awake, she wasn't awake.  We began to get pretty scared when her eyes were glazed over anytime she stirred or was awoken by medical staff.  She also didn't speak this time like she did following the first extubation.

She did take longer than normal to get back to herself; however, this afternoon while drinking some juice, watching Frozen, and having some visits with loved ones, we saw our girl peeking out again!  It is clear she is going to go in and out of it as an effect of the crazy amounts of sedation she had.  Relief washed all over us once we saw she could focus her eyes again! 

Also, Willow got a second chest tube out (ouch!), and she got her neck line out.  One chest tube to go!  She had to get a new IV, and her wiring for potential need of a pacemaker was pulled (yay!). That means her heart rhythm looks great.

Basically, it was a stressful day from the start (with lots of things removed) until about 3:00pm, when our awesome God gave us a taste of our daughter again which was the best relief.

Now we get to order some soft foods!  We ordered hummus, a banana, yogurt, and scrambled eggs.  Since she hasn't eaten in a week, I think she will be quite delighted.  I hope!  I want to see more sneak peeks of my girl again!

This was right when the light came on in her eyes:




Also, last night after she fell asleep, we went on a date.  After which I promptly said, "Did I eat my Snickers?  I don't remember!"



2 comments:

  1. So good to see your smiles and see Willow comfortably in your arms. I will keep bringing all your requests onto our Father for He cares everything that concerns you.
    1 Peter 5:7
    Wenying

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rejoicing with happy tears! And glad you got to get away, even if it's to eat. Brain breaks help you stay rested. Continuing to pray for healing!

    ReplyDelete