Sunday, June 28, 2015

6:30am update

Good morning. 

I think today I woke up feeling excited at the possibility of Willow being less sedated.  All she did during day shift yesterday was sleep.  However, she is still very out of it, sleeping it off.  I guess it is just taking her a bit longer to get it out of her system.  What makes that hard is that after the first extubation, we saw tiny glimpses of our girl's personality.  However, this time she just sleeps and her eyes are glazed over. 

Please pray they will stay on top of her pain as she continues to wake.  Pray her lungs will improve.  Pray her heart continues to heal.  Pray we will have wisdom today regarding what kind of stimulation to give her.  (Do we let her sleep again for healing or try more actively to wake her up?)  Of course, pray the doctors will figure out the best possible plan for her today.  

I'm weary today; I can only imagine how she feels.  

"I am weary with my crying out; my throat is parched. My eyes grow dim with waiting for my God."
(Psalm 69:3 ESV)

Kyle held her yesterday...


We sat her up as the nurse bathed her well, and she was definitely ready to lay back down afterwards.  Check out the hospital gown she got after bath:


When I go to eat breakfast or something (because the only thing that's allowed in Willow's room is bottled water), I always see these flowers.  Someone got them from someone, and they couldn't take them to their child's room.  Anyway, these flowers are the flowers that refuse to droop.  Strange as it seems, they inspire me!  I think they also remind me of the kindness and care from our loved ones.



No comments:

Post a Comment