Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Rise and shine

We've had a mostly uneventful night.  These doctors and nurses are continually doing their jobs, and let me just say that those jobs are hard.  They have to be on high alert all the time, and I'm so thankful and in awe of them in a new way.

Per her style, Willow fights sedation hard.  However, she's supposed to be sedated until tomorrow, and when they give different medications, it affects other medical numbers.  Like I said before, it seems to be all about balance.  

She has gotten agitated two or three times, and those soft restraints barely hold her down.  The girl is moving like crazy to get out of there at times!  So the nurses calmly keep her still; they are so good.  I try not speaking to her during those times, and I try speaking to her during those times.  Just not sure what to do to keep her as calm as possible.  

She is NOT going to be calm at all.  She's not enjoying that breathing tube, and her eyes get so big.  

However, she's stable.  She's recovering from major heart surgery. This is just going to be hard.  She's going to wake up angry and anxious.

I've been told she would be very calm tonight under sedation and that we will need to be ready to help days two and three.  I'd like to ask that you all continue to first and foremost pray for Willow to heal.  Also, we would love prayer for us and the medical team to know how to comfort her and keep her calm.  

No comments:

Post a Comment