Another sign is that when people come in, it feels like they've just entered your bedroom. I wonder sometimes if I left out unmentionables. :)
Well, we are in for one more night on this loud, wild, beeping floor. Willow's sinus rhythm had a few bumps when it turned junctional. (Don't laugh at me if you're a medical person! I try.) So, they'll need to watch her to make sure it was what they're thinking it was. They think it's calcium and potassium deficits, so she got supplements today. That would be an easy fix!
It was an event, because they all ran in to do an EKG to catch the heart in that rhythm. I can't wait until urgent medical events are not the norm. Right after last night's progress, the nurse practitioner was almost positive she would get to move floors today. Nope.
Willow also got her last chest tube out, so she will be easier to move around now. One doctor carefully tried to get her to stand, but she just flopped her legs. Our cardiologist mentioned that of all the complications to have, the ones Willow has had have been 'good' ones.
Kyle went in to work for a bit. We are learning patience. We are learning appreciation for the little things. We see medicine with new eyes and are completely amazed. We are grateful to God for life. I will say all of the 'events' have been traumatizing for all three of us. We have endured the stress, but now we need to relax our bodies and begin to process. Poor Willow just wants to zone out and watch TV and be babied. So that's what we will do!
Look! I never thought her lips and nails looked purple until this-- light pink! That means she has great oxygen flow.


Praying that tonight her levels will be perfect and will lead to you moving floors tomorrow and for the stress to softly start to leave. Praising the Lord for her healing and strength!
ReplyDelete