Friday, June 26, 2015

Extubating today - 9:55am update

Good morning!  

We all slept pretty well last night, despite the fact that our nurse had two rooms.  (She was really good, so two rooms was no problem!)  Willow had some episodes of being frustrated last night from like 10:00-11:30pm, and then again this morning at around 4:00am.  Just now she was moving and I went to go calm her.  She started mouthing mama over and over, and that's when I just cry.  She's wanting me to help her out of that, but I can't.  My mom reminded me though that at least she knew I was there.

Willow passed another breathing test in the night with flying colors.  So as soon as they're ready and believe she's awake enough, they'll do it!  Please pray for all the details to go smoothly with extubation and introducing liquids, etc.  We are nervous but excited.  We are making her story about the first extubation clearly known to each person on her medical team today (as if they don't already know, but hearing it one more time couldn't hurt).

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
Isaiah 41:10

No comments:

Post a Comment