She has done a little better with sedation this time around. There is nothing more torturous to me than trying to soothe her back to sleep when she wakes. She is so panicky in those moments and opens her mouth trying to scream. I'm so grateful that the sedation will prevent her from remembering how traumatic this part feels to her, but I'm not sure I will ever forget it myself. Last night anytime I fell asleep, I dreamed about nerve wracking hospital moments.
Also, even if our room is calm, chances are one of the rooms around us is not. We have seen several women walking with escorts as they bawl. So many hard things happen here. Please pray for other families facing hopeless medical situations or loss. May the God of comfort fill them with peace.
When my emotions are crazy after seeing that struggle with her tube, I try to remind myself that she's so much better off right now. I am so grateful for that life giving breathing tube even though it's uncomfortable.
Praying her fever stays down, her lungs heal, and she steers clear of infection of any kind. Her x-ray has looked relatively good. She got a feeding tube in her nose with formula for some nourishment. Praying also that with all that's going on, the doctors will continue to be able to find her 'happy place'. This is truly a balancing act!

Sweet Amber - praying for you and Kyle as you comfort her in her frantic moments. Praying that you all three feel God's comforting arms.
ReplyDelete