She is still asleep, but she has tiny little bursts of attempting to wake up. She began to gag last time. :( They gave her more sedation.
If I tickle her foot, she moves it. If we ask her to squeeze a hand, she does it about 50% of the time. If we put a hand over her knee, she stirs. If we sing or talk to her, her eyes flutter.
I get so excited when her eyes flutter.
However, ever since the gagging, I really don't want her to wake at all! I'm being good and quiet now.
This room is intense. There are so many things hooked up to her tiny body, and there are tons of machines behind her. It's overwhelming, but she's healing! The nurses and doctors are amazing. Both our cardiologist and our surgeon came to check on her before leaving for the day. We laughed about how she didn't get an EKG until going in! So far, we are making progress, but there is a lot ahead for Willow. Everything is an incredible, delicate balance. Medicine is miraculous.
Kyle and I kept telling her over and over and over that we are right here, right by her. That is the BIG message I want her to get right now. We tell her how much we love her, how she can close her eyes and rest right now, and how she's doing so awesome. Mostly, I want her to feel our presence, because we didn't get to be there for her the first time around!
Love to all of our family and friends tonight.

No comments:
Post a Comment