Okay- backtracking to our last day in Nanjing...
Eating breakfast at our hotel in Nanjing with the Browns. Their new daughter, Gracie, has been doing much better but did throw up again this morning.
Last moments in the hotel room we all got aquainted in. This room service was heaven-sent sandwiches and fries.
Quick shopping trip to find Nanjing specific Family day gifts for Jonas.
Willow and Mama had some girl time while the boys went out together. It was much needed, and we had a blast playing zoo blocks and preschool. However, it was the first time I've been separated from my boy since meeting him, so I kissed him too many times (& then they were back in 45 minutes).
At the police station to pick up Jonas' Chinese passport.
At the airport in Nanjing, we were delayed about an hour (but I had lost track of time and was certain it was about three hours)...
Quick airport fried rice snack
Boarding the plane after a delay; they shipped us all on a bus to another terminal.
At the hotel at last, at midnight, checking in and waiting with several other exhausted looking delayed families. We spent two weeks here with Willow's adoption, so it feels like a second home!
Jonas' first ever plane ride was a success! He was so curious about everything, and while his sister slept the whole time, he ate snacks and played. We met another wonderful family adopting a little boy.
Willow's face was beaming when we took the van from the airport to the hotel last night. We had told her all about our guide, 'Grace', the same guide we had in Guangzhou for two weeks when adopting her. She brought Willow a present! It was such a blessing, because she made Willow feel special. Plus, we are right by where Willow is from, which made Willow very proud!
The kids didn't sleep long enough, and we are headed to the best breakfast ever (love this hotel). Jonas has his medical appointments today. Will update with some pictures when I'm able.




















You are doing such a great job at keeping us updated, Momma (I know it's so tough). I check a million times a day, and love every word you type. Thanks for including us on your amazing journey. Praying for some amazing rest!
ReplyDeleteOh, I feel your exhaustion. Traveling from city to city can be draining; however, you are on the final leg of the trip! Thank you for posting so many pictures. We're continuing to enjoy following this beautiful journey. Prayers and more prayers for you all. ~ Mary Huber and Family
ReplyDeleteLove the updates! So glad to hear about willow's special moments.
ReplyDeleteSo glad the plane trip was successful! Lifting you all up in prayer often. I know you must be beyond exhausted. May the Lord be your strength and ever- present help.
ReplyDelete