(Willow woke at 4:30 again I guess from jet lag, but Jonas has been snoozing all night!)
-He sucks his thumb very slightly to fall asleep. He's been interested in the paci we gave him, but kind of only as a toy.
-We've had a few happy little slight family hugs.
-He is warm often, like a little furnace.
-He says Mama all the time. It's his way of saying,"Give me that!" He most likely called either his primary nanny or all of them Mama.
-All day long we do roll call slowly and clearly for him so he can learn our names. He likes it and perks up when we speak slower or use one word only.
-He wants to put his hands on everything to explore, and he gets really mad and screams when you take something away from him.
-He has a runny nose but HATES for it to be wiped!
-He uses his fingernails to scratch his lower back. (That's why they've always had him in overalls I assume.) So, his back doesn't look like it feels good. I've been putting Aquaphor on it. (When we went on a walk, he began scratching my arm, so maybe he does that when he's a little nervous.)
-Bath time scared him, so of course we got him right back out. They don't immerse the kids into water for a bath here; they were scary for Willow for a while, too.
-The two of them had one or two small skirmishes, always about Jonas wanting to hold whatever is in Willow's hands. Nothing major. Willow handled it maturely once saying over and over she didn't like that and wanted to walk away. The next time she screamed loud at him in response to his scream! Power struggle!!
-He seems to be moving right along so quickly in being open to trusting us. He's already comfortable enough to tantrum a bit for something he wants to hold (since after nap yesterday), and he's easy to help chill out after the fast cry.
-He is an eater and sucks down everything! Willow was that way at first, too, so that could hopefully lessen. I don't want to limit him, but his tummy was so tightly full last night!
-There is one thing that made him cry occasionally last night (besides not getting to hold everything in sight...oh my...baby proofing!) He prefers we are all in the same room! When any of the three of us are on the next room and come back, he has a flash of a big grin because we returned! It is so sweet.
-He is happy-go-lucky, and we are going to be chasing this one around!
-Every single time Willow sits beside him, she puts her hand on his back sweetly. It is simply the most precious thing I've ever seen!
-Last night Kyle got him asleep while I got Willow to sleep. Jonas didn't transfer to the crib, so I took him and laid by him in my bed (on my arm). That's where he ended up. He slept all night in between us but squirmed down to our feet a few times, and I'd pull him back up. When we woke, Kyle and I realized he slept all night (still is sleeping), and we both held his little hand at various times during our sleep! Since we will be switching hotels a couple more times, I think we will stick to co-sleeping for bonding until at least back home to HIS crib. Too much change while we are here!
-Twice yesterday he thought I was hilarious. I'd bite a blueberry in half and make a sound before offering it to him, and he would do it in response to eat the blueberry. The other time we were making serious, big eyes at each other and suddenly bursting into laughter!
First outing last night- let's go grab dinner! The reason we felt comfortable taking him out a bit is because his nanny took him home sometimes. So he has had some exposure to limited places which is so great!
They gave us the bag of items we sent in a package to him. The stickers haven't been opened, so I don't know how much he has seen this book we made introducing ourselves. However, it was an awesome moment to get to read it to him.
My first time to hold them both. This won't be happening often!! Whoa!!
Coordinating pajamas, so cute!


















Love Willow showing him how the paci works!!! Priceless 😍
ReplyDeleteThey are the bestest of friends already!
ReplyDeleteSuch sweetness and affection between siblings. I love the pacifier picture where Willow is grinning at Jonas! Your babies are so gorgeous, sweet friend. I cannot wait for you all to come home. Miss you.
ReplyDeleteSuch sweetness and affection between siblings. I love the pacifier picture where Willow is grinning at Jonas! Your babies are so gorgeous, sweet friend. I cannot wait for you all to come home. Miss you.
ReplyDelete