Scripture encourages us to taste and see that the Lord is good. It tells us to just try Him out. When we took a step to adopt, we were in a very sad place. We went through a heartbreaking miscarriage after a season of infertility treatments. To anyone who has wanted something in life so badly that they've not been given by no fault of their own or anyone else, you understand this. You understand the sleepless nights, the comments from others that I misconstrued out of bitterness, and the relational problems that pop up when people don't feel content.
I'm so glad we were so sad.
Without that struggle, without that immense sadness to the point of hopelessness at times, our lives would be void of this incredible blessing.
God knew what heartache it would take for us to be moved to take action in the direction of our daughter.
I can't even imagine where we would be, and I don't want to imagine it. Our transition as a family has been miraculous to be a part of. I never could have fathomed the beauty and the pure love that comes from loss, both hers and ours.
There is purpose! The Bible says to take heart and to have faith! Read the book of James if you're in a particularly difficult season. I pray that you press on.
Most of all, I just encourage people to go where He sends you. Investigate and open your heart to things you never even imagined or considered before. Your life might just explode with blessings that you couldn't have imagined. It has for my incredible husband and I in the last four months. Don't hesitate, and don't look back! If you feel stuck somehow, move! Let God reveal to you His sovereignty and power, and maybe one day you'll see how He was shaping you all along.
(I don't post preachy things often, but I just felt so compelled to express our loss that has been completely redeemed by God. Praying that anyone who stumbles across this blog will be encouraged to trust in the Lord wholeheartedly.)
“Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted. Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth. Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied. Blessed are the merciful, for they shall receive mercy. Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God. Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven."
Matthew 5:3-10 ESV

No comments:
Post a Comment