This morning at first we were so worn down from the difficulty of yesterday. We were wondering how we would continue on this way.
She woke up a tiny bit fussy, but then fell back asleep on me and didn't wake up until like 9! We finally had to wake her, because our appointments started at 9:30. She woke gradually, and from that moment on, we could see she is less anxious with us already.
Here are some awesome things that happened. I can't worry about grammar, because I'm tired! Time for a list!
-says Mama a lot and I think she whispered daddy twice
-sleep is much deeper and heavier because she's less stressed (crying is way easier to soothe to fall asleep)
-says "Yea" on occasion when we ask her if she wants something (apparently I use that a lot)
-she smiled several times today!!
-shakes her head if she doesn't want something
-enjoyed a bath and repeated the word "cup"
-looked at iPad for a while and then decided finally to interact with it and played a game
-she loved to flip through kyles old pictures on his phone
-said and waved bye bye a couple of times
-played a little with cars
-enjoyed some authentic congee and rice that we could tell she had been missing!
-drank her formula much better twice today
-said Willow!
We are beginning to learn to communicate with each other. I can kind of tell what differentiates her sleepy versus mad versus sad versus hurt cries.
She's still afraid a lot of the time. She still crawls up on me frantically and hasn't gotten down to play yet. I can't wait to see that happen! However I'm appreciative that she is courageous and brave enough to allow us to connect and bring comfort to her. Many kids have a hard time with that, and even though the crying was intense yesterday, she's wanting to connect. That is huge! We will be patient!
I can hold the bottle myself today...
Kyle reached into his pocket for his phone and found a hard boiled egg from his breakfast run. Hahaha!
Random appointment for paperwork:
Medical exam:
Funny decor that was supposed to look western I think. Yes, Santa was on every door in that wing of the hospital!
This doctor was soft spoken with Willow and very sweet. She still screamed, but it was better than it could've been.
Yummy lunch where she grinned a ton at Kyle and suddenly acted like a toddler! She was banging everything around, wanting it all at once, and I was thinking, "Where did the helpless baby go?!" :)













Great news!!! I can see the difference in her pictures. She looks more relaxed. It just gets easier from here on out. We loved the part about the egg:) Sounds familiar to us. So glad the medical went well and you got a nice doctor. Isn't the breakfast amazing?! We continue our prayers for you all. ~Mary, Jason, Maya and Kai Huber
ReplyDeleteenjoying your blog so much, thank you for sharing, cannot wait to be at where your at.
ReplyDeleteSo relieved y'all had a better day! Love the pictures!
ReplyDeletenow you are turning the corner! it's so good to read. we are on our 5th adoption and I've read about countless others and this part continues to take my breath away. the transformation that takes place is one of the most beautiful things I've ever had the privilege of being a part of.
ReplyDelete"So breathe it in and breathe it out
And listen to your heartbeat
There's a wonder in the here and now
It's right there in front of you
And I don't want you to miss the miracle of the moment" - SCC
This made me smile for y'all. So happy things are going smoother and will continue to get better.
ReplyDeleteI am loving reading your updates. Praying for you new family of 3! : )
ReplyDeleteGood day for everyone! The first of MANY!
ReplyDeleteI love reading your blog
ReplyDelete