All day tomorrow we will be in an international adoption conference. It's the fourth and final meeting of our home study. After that we will be waiting for our social worker to edit and revise her report before we can send our paperwork to the United States government to be approved. Then after getting THAT approved, we will be able to send our dossier to China.
I forgot to write about our home study a few weeks ago. We had our social worker over to the house three nights in a row for about two and a half hours each night. It was the first time we had met her. We were so tired after it! We interviewed as a couple the first night, as individuals the second night, and back together as a couple the third night (as well as a safety inspection on the house). We both had work on all three days, so that was probably why it was draining. She was kind and easy to talk to, but it was hard to just openly share every single thing about our lives that you can imagine!
I've been having all kinds of adoption related dreams lately! Last night it was that a girl I knew in college went to church with me. The church floor was actually made of mud or something and kept sinking in as we would walk around. Then suddenly we were in her apartment and both discovered that the other was adopting from China. I remember being jealous, because she already had a photo of her child!
There have been other strange dreams as well but I can't think of them right now. Time to get some sleep so we can focus all day tomorrow at the seminar !
In the car on the way here we heard a Civil Wars song that captured how we feel about our little one. (Except for one line that kind of sounded romantic.) I put a link to the song in comments below...


http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=Ec0e_oTsYtI&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DEc0e_oTsYtI
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful weekend getaway - can't wait to hear all you learned! Love you two!
ReplyDelete