Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Every Life Matters

Lately, whenever I have a minute to be still, there are some thoughts flying around in my head.  I keep thinking about what the 'old me' would have thought upon hearing our adoption story.  I would have thought it was cool, but I also would've thought, "Well, good for them, but if it hadn't been this little girl, it would've been someone else."  I know that is a very obvious statement.  

Anyway, I keep mulling over that.  I want to say that the love we have for her is personal and unique, and He has woven this story of our family together.  I would never say to someone that if they didn't get to keep their child (for some reason), there would always be another around the corner.  So, why is it tempting to think that way when someone adopts?  It was for me, before adoption.

I don't think that way anymore.  This has taught me more about how much each life is worth.  There is inherent, God-given value in her life, in your life, and in mine.  Each of us is a child of God, a treasure, and worthy of love and a family.  We are each irreplacable.  

"But even the hairs of your head are all numbered."
Matthew 10:30



Okay, now for a big moment...

I finally get to 'introduce' our daughter via the internet!  We got the Letter of Acceptance today (the day after our 7th anniversary)!  Everything else is stateside, and our best guess is that we will travel 8-10 weeks from today.  

It is really happening, people.  :)  

This is the first picture we saw of Willow Mei back in December.  She is about 11 months in this one:


We got our update very soon after sending a letter of intent.  Here she was in late December 2013:



FAMILY!






2 comments:

  1. How exciting....congrats to u and ur beautiful family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got it!! I am so excited for you!! Things will move quickly now:) ~ Mary Huber

    ReplyDelete