This past week we received the email we'd been waiting for. We are approved to begin our Home Study! We also discovered that we currently owe our adoption agency almost the exact amount that our church granted us toward the adoption. Coincidence or an example of God's provision? I believe God is in every detail of our journey, and I'm excited to continue to see how He makes His glory known in this.
We've watched a couple of documentaries about international adoption this week. We've also talked to some friends who spoke about the many waiting children in Texas. When I think about all of the children who just need loving families in EVERY part of the world, it is extremely daunting. We are each so limited in our ability to reach the masses, and it's difficult to imagine that we can make much of an impact. However, I believe that we are all called to do our part in taking care of those with no parents. We can all take the time to hear their stories, to hug the children, and to meet basic needs. This is even a command from scripture. To walk the walk rather than just talk the talk.
On an unrelated note, I've been looking at a website this week, and some friends of mine told me I should post this article. It is very opinion based. However, it has helped me to think about what our future child will hear when we're at the movies or watching television. I am now hearing things through the lens of a prospective adoptive parent, and I hope it's preparing me for the future. In case you're interested like my friends were...
http://www.adoptivefamilies.com/thumbs.php
Kyle flipping through our newly received I800A.
Whew, more paperwork!

No comments:
Post a Comment