Monday, March 25, 2013

Yes! We have news!

I hardly know where to begin with this blog, because our news is so exciting to me

Some of you know this, but I have to hurry up and get it out before I burst.  Kyle and I will be parents very soon!  We are currently on the road to adoption, and I cannot even explain in words how ecstatic we are about it.  We are currently 'paper pregnant'!  Yippeeee!  Since the timing of adoption is less predictable, I wanted to start this blog to share with family and friends what is going on for us. 

Our road has been surprising.  It's been a journey of ups and downs.  God has shaken us up immensely and rocked our worlds with wonder at the same time.  We will soon celebrate ten years of being together, and we've been married for over six years.  We have prayed and asked the Lord for guidance in starting a family, and He had led us to this moment.  

It is fantastic to both have clarity.  It is amazing to be able to write this to all of you, our loved ones.  We are anticipating the chaos and excitement that is to come, and, to be quite honest, it cannot get here soon enough!  To our sweet little one, we pray for you every single day on several occasions, and we already love you entirely without knowing one thing about you.  We spend most of our time praying for your health and nutrition as well as that of your birth parents.  God has begun a work in our hearts that cannot be erased or undone.  We have absolute clarity about wanting and needing you in our lives.

In this moment of joy, we want to invite you into our story.  We need your prayers, your encouragement, and your loving guidance.  We crave your inspiration, your emotional support, and even your 'sharpening'.  We look around and recognize that God has given us an unbelievable community all around in all facets of life, and we're thankful to those of you who are sharing in our happiness.

I want to post some song lyrics that I connected to recently regarding the seasons of life.  It is my prayer of worship today.  In staying with the metaphor, I feel as though inviting our child into our family will feel a lot like spring!  This is a song called, "Every Season" by Nichole Nordeman. 

"Every evening sky, an invitation
To trace the patterned stars
And early in July, a celebration
For freedom that is ours
And I notice You
In children’s games
In those who watch them from the shade
Every drop of sun is full of fun and wonder
You are summer 


And even when the trees have just surrendered
To the harvest time
Forfeiting their leaves in late September
And sending us inside
Still I notice You when change begins
And I am braced for colder winds
I will offer thanks for what has been and was to come
You are autumn 


And everything in time and under heaven
Finally falls asleep
Wrapped in blankets white, all creation
Shivers underneath
And still I notice you
When branches crack
And in my breath on frosted glass
Even now in death, You open doors for life to enter
You are winter 


And everything that’s new has bravely surfaced
Teaching us to breathe
What was frozen through is newly purposed
Turning all things green
So it is with You
And how You make me new
With every season’s change
And so it will be
As You are re-creating me...


Summer, autumn, winter, spring"

 

We will be in touch soon with details on how God has orchestrated this thing.  Lots of love in the meantime!

-Amber




1 comment:

  1. So excited for you both! Can't wait to hear what the Lord has in store for you on this journey. I am encouraged by your obedience and willingness to say yes, Lord! He will bless you and your child. Eeeeek!

    ReplyDelete